Avivo is closely monitoring developments surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Rest assured that we are committed to safeguarding the health and well-being of our customers, employees and the entire community.
Avivo is following advice from:
The following precautions are advised for everyone:
What is coronavirus (COVID-19)?
COVID-19 is a new type of coronavirus that affects the respiratory system. Most people get a mild infection while others may get a severe infection, causing hospitalisation. People of all ages can be infected. However, those with underlying health conditions such as diabetes, heart and respiratory conditions are more susceptible to developing a more severe form of the virus.
What are the symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Symptoms can range from mild illness to pneumonia. Those affected may experience:
- Flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and headaches
- Difficulty breathing
How can I prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Good hand hygiene is the best defence against most viruses. You should:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet. The handwashing process should last for 40 to 60 seconds every time – count to 20 or sing the Happy Birthday song.
- View the Handwashing Guide by the WHO here to learn how to wash your hands thoroughly.
Handwashing Guide by the WHO: Click here to view the guide.
In addition, when you cough or sneeze:
- Sneeze into the inside of your elbows (not your hands) whilst leaning downwards.
- If the above is not possible, cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- And if unwell, avoid contact with others (stay more than 1.5 metres from people).
Other prevention measures:
- Disinfect door handles, taps and switches with alcohol wipes regularly.
- Use elbows or knuckles to press lift buttons, etc.
We have recommended to all Avivo employees that they follow the prevention measures above to prevent the spread of the virus.
We have imposed self-isolation for 14 days for employees who have travelled or transited through higher risk countries: click here for updated list of countries. (This list is updated regularly by the Australian Government.) Self-isolation also applies to employees who have come into contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case.
To keep the Avivo community safe from the virus, we need your cooperation:
- If you have travelled or transited through higher risk countries, or come into contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, please inform your support team or coordinator.
- If you have any concerns around your services, please get in touch with your support team or coordinator.
- If you have any concerns about your health, please speak to a doctor.
We will continue to watch and monitor the developments with the virus. Thank you for your cooperation.
For the latest advice, information and resources, go to www.health.gov.au