Aged Care updates
Updated 9 April 2020
HCP – Taking social leave
If you have a Home Care Package (HCP) and want to take leave because of COVID-19, you can:
- Take 28 days social leave in a calendar year as per usual. During this time, your package management and coordination fee will still be charged.
If you want to take more leave, the following changes will occur:
- Your package funds will reduce by 25%
- Your package management fee will still be charged
- Your care coordination fee will stop.
If you have any questions, please contact your Coordinator.
Help with Food and Meals
This fact sheet has information and advice for older people who are finding it difficult to access food and supplies because of COVID-19. It includes information about:
- Priority online ordering
- Referrals to food suppliers such as Meals on Wheels
- Additional support for those in crisis.